WoodWick Candles are very popular items. And if you are a candle lover, then you want to be sure that you are taking good care of your WoodWick Candle so you can enjoy it for as long as possible. We sell WoodWick Candles to Edina residents, and we wanted to give you some tips on how to best care for and maintain them as well as how to use them safely.
- This might sound obvious but it is worth repeating: always use extreme care when burning WoodWick Candles. Make sure you do not leave them burning unattended, and make sure there is nothing nearby that could ignite.
- Make sure the wick is always trimmed down to about 1/8 of an inch.
- Make sure WoodWick Candles are always out of reach of children and pets. The glass container gets hot when the wick is lit, and this can be a hazard to little hands and curious dogs and cats.
- If your candle is nearly out of wax, stop burning it when there is ¼ of an inch of wax left at the bottom. If you burn the candle all the way through the wax to the bottom, it could cause the glass jar to shatter.
- WoodWick Candles should be burned in a room that is well ventilated but protected from drafts.
- Do not burn the candles for more than four hours at a time. Extinguish them after four hours, allow them to cool for two hours and then trim the wick again before you relight them.
- When not in use, WoodWick Candles should be stored in a cool, dark and dry place. Avoid placing them in direct sunlight. That could cause them to fade if they are left in sunlight or harsh indoor lighting.
- If you notice smudges or dust on your candle jar, it can be easily cleaned with a soft cloth or piece of nylon. You can dampen the cloth if you want to.
- After you have extinguished WoodWick Candles, make sure they are not smoking and that the flame is completely out before you put them away.
- You should keep the lid on your WoodWick Candles after they are cool. That can help prevent dust from getting into the candle or on the wick.
Are you interested in purchasing WoodWick Candles in Edina? Visit The Woods in Edina in Southdale Center, call us at 952-926-6838 or visit one of our other Retail Locations.
For additional candle tips on our other candle lines click here.