Ribbonwick Candles are beautiful to look at, fun to light and easy to enjoy thanks to their unique wicks. They come in a wide variety of scents, so it is simple to find a fragrance you or a loved one will like.
Did you know there is a certain way to burn and care for your Ribbonwick Candles? We want to provide a few tips so you can get the most out of these lovely luminaries.
- When lighting your Ribbonwick Candles, always allow them to burn at least until the wax is melted fully to the sides of the candle container. Depending on the size of your candle, this could take anywhere from two to four hours.
- If after lighting the candle, the flame is more than an inch high, blow it out and wait for it to cool. Then gently run your finger over the wick to remove any excess wick material or debris. Relight the candle and the flame should burn lower. Repeat this process if needed until the flame is not too high.
- Always allow your Ribbonwick Candle to cool completely before lighting it again.
- Be sure to remove any loose wick debris from the inside of your Ribbonwick Candles before you burn them.
- If your Ribbonwick Candle starts smoking, first check the wick to make sure it is not too long. If the wick is fine, then you probably need to move the candle to a less drafty area of your home.
- Do not be concerned if you notice air bubbles in your Ribbonwick Candles. The air bubbles form since these candles are made from soy wax, and soy tends to be more sensitive to temperature changes. Even with air bubbles, the candles are fine and should burn normally.
- Follow basic safety guidelines: never leave the candle unattended while burning; do not burn Ribbonwick Candles in drafty areas of your home; keep pets and small children away from lit candles; make sure your Ribbonwick Candles are always on a heat protected surface; keep all matches and lighters safely stored and out of reach of children.
We hope these tips will make burning your Ribbonwick Candles an even better experience. For more information on Ribbonwick Candles or how to care for them, call 612-584-9405 or Browse our Site.
“A great many people, and more all the time, live their entire lives without ever once sleeping out under the stars.”
― Alan S. Kesselheim, Let Them Paddle: Coming of Age on the Water
One of the most popular summertime activities is camping. Memories are made sitting around the campfire and making s’mores or hiking through the woods and feeling at one with nature. But if for some reason you can’t get to the great outdoors this summer, bring them to you with these WoodWick Candles from The Woods.
The Frasier Fir WoodWick Candle will remind you of what it is like to camp among the pines. When you light this candle, you will be taken back to the days of sleeping on pine needles and smelling the sharp and fresh scent of pine trees.
If you have ever gone camping during the height of summer, you know how hot it can get outside! Thankfully, you can still enjoy the smell of a hot day in the woods but without having to deal with the heat, humidity and bugs! The Warm Woods WoodWick Candle will help you reminisce about the days you used to spend in the Great Outdoors.
Have you ever been to the Redwoods Forest in California? If so, the Redwood WoodWick Candle might remind you of it. And if you have not visited, you can get a peek of what the forest is like without having to leave your home when you buy one of our Redwood WoodWick Candles.
The last time you went camping, did you take the time to look up at the stars? You can see so many more of them when you are out in the middle of nowhere! The Night Sky Ribbonwick Candle is a great choice for you if you have fond memories of counting the stars while falling asleep.
For more information on WoodWick Candles, call The Woods at 1-888-838-4067, browse our online store or visit one of our Retail Locations.
We here at The Woods Gifts love holidays, and one of our favorites is Mother’s Day. And one of our favorite gifts to give are WoodWick Candles. Here are a few fun facts about the holiday that celebrates mothers nationwide:
- People make more phone calls on Mother’s Day than any other day of the year.
- Forerunners of Mother’s Day were clubs organized by Ann Reeves Jarvis of West Virginia. They were called “Mother’s Day Work Clubs.” These clubs taught women how to care for their children.
- In 1870, Julia Ward Howe wrote “Mother’s Day Proclamation.” This document urged mothers to unite to promote world peace, and in 1873, she lobbied for “Mother’s Peace Day” to be celebrated on June 2 of every year.
- Officially, Mother’s Day was started by Anna Jarvis (the daughter of Ann Reeves Jarvis). Anna Jarvis started Mother’s Day as a way to honor a mother’s sacrifices for her children. The first Mother’s Day celebration was held in May of 1908 at a Methodist church in West Virginia.
- By 1912, many towns, states and churches were celebrating Mother’s Day annually and in 1914, President Woodrow Wilson officially established Mother’s Day, which would be celebrated on the second Sunday in May.
So how will you be celebrating Mother’s Day this year? We have a few suggestions on what to get Mom! What better way to show you care and appreciate everything she does for you than with one of WoodWick Candle’s beautiful and unique candles?
The best thing about a scented candle is it can set just about any tone or mood you want. So if you want Mom to have a nice and relaxing time, you could try one of our Ribbonwick Candles. Thanks to the unique way the wick burns in these candles, they are mesmerizing to watch and really fill a room with their lovely scent. We find sandalwood to be a particularly relaxing fragrance, but, really, you can’t go wrong with any of them. You’re sure to find the perfect one for your mother, no matter what scent she prefers!
For more information on these candles or any of the other ones we carry, call 1-888-838-4067 or visit one of our Retail Locations.
Have you ever been invited to a party last minute? Or forgotten to grab a gift for your child’s teacher during the holidays? Then, you know how handy it is to have a couple gifts stashed away. RibbonWick Candles make the perfect gift for anyone, all year round. We have a wide selection of them in The Woods Gifts locations, and you can always browse our selection online.
It seems to be that season, doesn’t it? The season of bridal showers, bachelorette parties and weddings. The temperatures are moderate and love is in the air. RibbonWick Candles can make the perfect gift for any wedding season occasion. Large candles are affordable and will last for up to 175 hours. That’s sure to keep the bride-to-be happy, even after the honeymoon. You never know when another friend will get engaged, so keep a couple on hand.
The holiday season will be upon us before you know it. Candles make the perfect gift for everyone on your shopping list. Daughters, mothers, sisters and even dads! We have some unique RibbonWick Candles even your tough guy will love. A nice smelling room isn’t anything to scoff at. They also make the perfect grab-and-go gifts for all those last minute holiday parties. Having a couple stashed away can save you the trouble of running out last minute.
As the seasons turn, parties change from outside backyard barbeques to indoor, more elegant functions. Don’t be left scrounging for a hostess gift for that upcoming get together. Say thank you in a big way, with a thoughtful RibbonWick Candle. This one-of-a-kind gift shows that you really went out of your way to get her something nice. RibbonWick Candles are a neat twist on the classic scented candle.
If you’re looking for that perfect stash away gift, RibbonWick Candles will do the trick. Buy today online or stop by any one of our stores.
There are still a solid couple of weeks of summer left to enjoy, so don’t miss out on your last chance to snatch up some summer scents! Stock up now so when fall sets in, you don’t have to light your autumn scents right away. Hang on to a little piece of summer by burning Beach Boardwalk or White Sands and Surf. You can never have too many candles, so if you buy a few more candles, you will already be prepared next summer! We have a wide variety of Ribbionwick Candles in stock, so check them out today. Grab some of your classic summer favorites, or try out some new ones.
Outdoor RibbonWick Candles
The RibbonWick Outdoor Design collection makes the perfect addition to any outdoor decor. These are great to feature in an outdoor living space, patio or deck. If your family likes to eat outside during the summer, a RibbonWick Candle will make a great addition to your table. We have Pebble Stone and Teal Stone Outdoor RibbonWick candles from which you can choose. Both of them are perfectly suited for any backyard oasis. They burn the hypnotic Greenhouse fragrance, exclusive to the Outdoor collection.
We have many light and summery scents, some of which are our most popular, available for purchase. Summer scents are typically fragrant, but not overwhelming. They are the perfect pairing for a sunny day and can remind you of a walk on the beach. If you’re looking for that perfect summer scent, try one of these:
Buy your RibbonWick Candles today by visiting any of our retail locations or shop online! We have a large selection for any season.
Some of you may really enjoy burning a candle, but you may not know why. Some studies have shown certain scents can have an effect on your mood. Depending on what you’re going for, you can choose a scent that will boost your mood or work to relax you. At The Woods Gifts, we are happy to provide you with the products you love. Our line of Ribbonwick Candles is available in a variety of scents. In this blog, we’re going to review some of our most popular scents and their potential effects on your mood.
Ribbonwick Candles come in a couple of tea scents including Green Tea and Tea Blossom. The essence of tea has been captured in a candle for your pleasure. Everything you love about a cool or warm cup of tea can also be enjoyed in these candles. Some studies have shown the ability of tea scents to ease depression, lighten spirits and provide relaxation. It is said this scent can rejuvenate and energize the body. So, if you’re feeling blue, light one of these tea-scented Ribbonwick Candles and relax.
You could choose a fruity Ribbonwick Candle if you’re looking to feel happy and upbeat. Start off your day right with a fruity scent, no matter what time of the year it is. Popular fruity scents, like Raspberry Kiss, are good fuel for an uplifting day. If you have housework to complete or you are just enjoying a beautiful day, a fruity scent may enhance your mood. These may help you feel more care- and worry-free. Experience your day, only better, with a Ribbonwick Candle burning in the background.
Parisian Vanilla is a great choice of Ribbonwick Candle because it is a gender neutral scent. Vanilla is a more relaxing scent that makes you feel like you’ve just taken a trip to the spa. Vanilla is commonly associated with pleasurable memories in both men and women. Think back to Mom baking Christmas cookies or cupcakes. The scent of vanilla can bring back fond memories and put the mind at ease.
To purchase Ribbonwick Candles, stop by any of our Retail Locations or Shop Online!
All content provided on The Woods Gifts blog is for entertainment and informational purposes only. The owner of this blog makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this blog or content found by following any link on this site.